Use a large, non-aluminum pot with cover for cooking. Ceramic, glass, or stainless steel work well.
- Empty contents of one bag of tea into the pot. Add approximately 5 ½ cups of water. Cover pot
- Bring to a boil
- Lower flame and simmer for 30 minutes
- Strain tea into a glass container
- Return cooked herbs to pot. Add 5 cups of water and repeat steps 2 & 3
- Strain tea and keep refrigerated in the same container from step 4
Special Instructions– only if checked
___ Cook fresh ginger with the tea
___ Add herbs from the small bag_____ minutes before the first cooking is done.
____ Dissolve the small bag of powder into the already made tea
____ Cook the herbs from the small bag for ____ minutes in 5 ½ cups of water before adding the large bag in step 1
How to Drink the Tea
- Dink 1 cup of tea___ times a day (preferably on an empty stomach). Drink tea warm.
- The tea may be stored in a thermos, if you want to bring it to work, etc.
- Do not add honey, sugar or any kind of sweetener to the herb tea.
- If you find the taste unpleasant you may put a drop of lemon juice on your tongue or eat a few raisins to get rid of the after taste.